Heart disease is a disorder of the blood vessels of the heart that can lead to a heart attack. Heart disease is one of several cardiovascular diseases. Other types of heart diseases are high blood pressure, stroke, chest pain and rheumatic heart disease.
What are the symptoms of heart disease?
It is important to note; the most common symptom of heart disease is chest pain. Symptoms of heart disease vary from person to person; however, the most common symptoms of heart disease beside chest pain is jaw pain that radiates down the left arm.
- This kind of pain is described as being a heaviness, discomfort, aching, burning, squeezing or painful feeling in the chest.
- It can be mistaken for heartburn or indigestion.
- Pain may also be felt in the arms, shoulders, back, throat or jaw.
- Other symptoms are shortness of breath, palpitations, weakness or dizziness.
What are the ways of dealing with heart disease?
Once a person has been diagnosed with heart disease, there are several things he or she can do to manage heart disease such as making heart healthy changes in one’s daily life. One of the most effective ways is to eat a heart healthy diet and keeping an eye on your salt intake.
Include in your heart healthy plan a diet that includes fresh fruits and veggies, whole grains, fish, low-fat dairy products, lean poultry and meat. Another way many deal with heart disease is by engaging in regular physical activity and managing their weight.
Additional ways to deal with heart disease
Another very effective way of dealing with heart disease is to reduce stress in your life. Find out about cyber health.
- Find out how to recognize signs of stress in your life and then put in motion on lowering stress with yoga, meditation and controlled breathing.
- When lowering stress, keep the following in mind: make one change at a time, set realistic goals, know that there will be good days and bad and share your goals for better health with your family and friends.
- Look for heart support groups. Support groups can share tips and experiences that may help you deal with heart disease.
What types of treatment and care is available?
There are many things your doctor and other health care professionals can do that will help you manage heart disease such as stents, heart bypass surgery, valve disease treatment, pacemakers, medical interventional devices and medications such as ACE Inhibitors, aspirin therapy, nitrates and care.
What can you do to help?
Besides the above ways to manage heart disease, there are also medications like aspirin therapy, calcium Channel Blocker drugs, diuretics and nitrates that can help with heart disease. In addition, enjoying a plant-based diet and sharing with loved ones on how you are doing, can also help during a heart maintenance program.
To conclude, heart disease is a disorder of the blood vessels of the heart that can lead to a heart attack. Follow the above ways to deal with heart disease and enjoy better health.